Thursday, March 31, 2005

Sleeping Pills?

An exhausted looking man dragged himself in to the Doctor's office. "Doctor, there are dogs all over my neighborhood. They bark all day and all night, and I can't get a wink of sleep." "I have good news for you," the doctor answered; rummaging through a drawer full of sample medications. "Here are some new sleeping pills that work like a dream. A few of these and your trouble will be over." "Great," the man answered, "I'll try anything. Let's give it a shot." A few weeks later, the man returned, looking worse than ever. "Doc, your plan is no good. I'm more tired than before!" "I don't understand how that could be," said the doctor; shaking his head. "Those are the strongest sleeping pills on the market!" "That may be true," answered the man wearily. "But, I'm still up all night, chasing those dogs, and, when I finally catch one, it's hard getting him to swallow the pill!!!"

No comments: