Sunday, December 17, 2006

My visit to Orchard Road during Xmas Season.

Well, I finally did it. All these talks about how nice and special on how Orchard Road is like during the Xmas season finally got the best out of me. Been hearing talks among my colleagues, those locals and old timers telling the newbies about Orchard Road. So on Friday, the 15th of December 2006, I decided to take a little tour to see how it's really like.

This is Ck Tang, one of the first Shopping complex I went through from the MRT. Man, the place sure was pack like hell. I guess because of the sales and so on la.


Along the corner after CK Tangs, came across this building. At first I thought it was another shopping complex only when i got nearer, did I realise it's was actually Goodwood Park Hotel. Damn high class hotel! Only can see Ang Moh (white-men) around the area. Bet Deana might be interested in hanging out round the area =P

I guess the main attraction for me was this humongous X-mas tree, perhaps the "white-men" musta have followed that star on top of the tree instead....

Along the busy road on Scotts Road, one of the roads linking with Orchard, check out the jam, man! If I was stuck in this kinda jam, I'd be wishing I had Santa's ride =P (else I'd probably need a damn shi-sha like the time during the jam back at Malacca during Independence Day)

A view on Scotts Road from above......

whoopps.....this picture's supposed to be after the other one....anyway this one's for you, Lynn! McD by the kaki-lima......(I guess this is Singapore's idea of a "mamak")

Ok, Scott's Road on the other end......(Virgil, i think you'll be able to walk faster than traffic)

Out on the streets, suddenly this clock-tower came out of nowhere....??? Anyway, just thought I'd get a picture of it....

A man-made tree...whole thing's made out of cement, the leaves are actually some shinny plastic, and lights in between them.....this kinda tree is found all around the area...

Man, all these walking and I've yet even to break a sweat....and not forgeting to mention, I've yet to even take my dinner....hungry rite? This is where I decided to start hunting for food...

some show-men at work....a picture of 2 "Red Indians" doing some performance....songs were kinda nice, though I wished I'd understand what it meant actually.....

And here comes the fun part. Enter the "Christmas Nativity Village". It was actually set-up by some kinda Anglican group or something like that to remind the people of the story behind X-mas.. kudos to them!

this here is the wise-men scene.....they're the wise-guys that actually followed the shinning star to find baby Jesus who was just borned...

a brief description of the scene.....

here's the scene at the stable where Jesus was borned.....

a closer view... (damn, had to get through so many people just for this shot!)

here's the scene before Jesus was borned, both Mary & Joseph were looking for a room to spend the night....

and lastly, here's the scene where the angel approached the shepherds for shepherd's pie, .....opps, see Fern, this is what you did to me, having me think about Shepherd's pie again, anyway, the angel appeared to the shepherds to tell them of the birth of Christ.

after this long walk, I went into Ngee Ann City, guess the only thing that actually caught my attention was this fountain....seriously, not even the hot chick there.....I was searching for food desperately by now....**stomach growll**!

Finally! My dinner for that night. Some kinda pork thing cooked in Japanese style....Thomas, if you're reading this, the pork was like...uhmmmm, slurrppp...yummie fillet pork. Thick somemore, one bite and you'll taste the sweet juice of meat....(but then i guess you wouldn't enjoy the mustard that came along with it, and err, no tomatoe sauce too, sorry =P)

Ah yes, the name of the shop, or should i say, the stall....the meal I had was some kinda pork katsu or watever...anyway, I did what i needed to do and dinner was good. Amen to that!

No comments: